The Oxford® Journey lift is an ultra compact, portable folding stand aid with best-in-class functionality. It is compact and lightweight allowing care-givers to manoeuvre in tight spaces and can be folded for easy storage and transportation. The unique adjustable cow-horn mechanism supports a wider range of patient heights and sizes, allowing your facility to have one lift that meets the needs of many.
The Advance lends itself to those environments where space and storage are at a premium. It is especially useful in home settings and small nursing institutions where space sometimes is simply not available.
The Advance’s incredible lifting range ensures it can cope easily with the most critical of transfers. Examples include:
- Chair to chair transfers
- Bed to chair transfers
- Floor to chair transfers
- Chair to bath transfers
Compact folding design
Unlike other stand aids on the market, the Journey can fold making it easy to transport and store. This functionality gives active users the option to travel outside the confines of their own home.
- To fold, lower the lifting frame and raise the knee support to the maximum.
- Then unlock the mast and lower it until it touches the base.
- The mast is thus in its folded position. The Journey can be stored or transported.
- Thanks to its locking technology, the Journey folds and unfolds in seconds without tools.
- In an environment where space is limited, it can fall back quickly and be stored vertically to limit storage space.
- Folded, it can be carried in most family car safes.
Unique adjustable cow-horn
The Journey’s unique adjustable cow-horn ensures maximum flexibility and improved patient comfort. With three cow-horn height options, the Journey can support a wider range of patient heights and sizes.
Simply pull back the trigger mechanism on the boom and select the required cow-horn height
Ergonomic design considerations
The Advance was designed with the five key principles of moving and handling in mind:
- Get close to the load
- Use a wide stable base
- Ensure a comfortable firm grasp
- Keep spine close to neutral
- Make sure movement is smooth
This direct correlation ensures Oxford’s lift designs are simple, safe and above all comfortable to use.
‘This view is shared by our clinical consultant team, who have assisted us in conducting detailed usability surveys to ensure the Advance meets the true needs of the patient, carer and the environment in which it operates.’
Smart™ Monitor : control and diagnostic system
The Smart™ Monitor control system records the exact amount of work completed by the actuator each and every time the lift is used, regardless of a patient’s weight or lift height covered. The intelligent system advises the user to schedule key maintenance helping to ensure your lift remains in optimum condition.
- Identifies total lift actuations and work completed
- Identifies lift overloads (exceeding SWL)
- Identifies service interval periods
- Increases patient safety and product service life