Mobilise Patients Safely to a Seating Position
It is well documented that early mobilisation and out-of-bed activity will improve patients’ outcomes. The MMO6000 bed assists caregivers to mobilise patients as safely as possible from seating to standing.
The MMO6000 bed’s intelligent design helps caregivers progress patients safely through the key stages of mobilisation. In the very early stages of recovery, the patient can be easily and safely mobilised to a fully seated position. The earlier this is achieved the earlier patients will stand, then walk.
When raised, the backrest will automatically pause at 30° and 45° elevation, two clinically beneficial positions:
- They enhance the respiratory function, help prevent HAIs and improve patient well-being.
- Caregivers can achieve these positions easily
- When using the automatic chair position, the backrest will rise no more than 45°, ensuring the most comfortable position for the patient to be sat upright for enhanced pulmonary and cardiovascular mechanics.
- The patient can smoothly progress to the “inner chair” position.
This stage of mobilisation is a key part of recovery and helps prepare the patient for standing and walking.
Mobilise Patients Safely to a Standing Position
The MMO6000 bed assists patients to stand as early as possible in order to speed up recovery.
- From the inner chair position, the MMO6000 bed gently lowers the bed forward until the patient’s feet are safely on the floor. This allows initial weight bearing while the split side rails provide a secure hand grip to the patient.
- The bed’s electrical height adjustment allows safe assisted standing. The split side rail design will follow the patient until the standing position is achieved.
Mobilise Patients Safely – According to Each Patient’s Individual Needs
The MMO6000 bed’s unique positioning capabilities facilitate different approaches to safely mobilise patients.
Split side rails provide a secure mobilisation aide for patients to pivot to the side of the bed and egress and ingress. The unique “Soft Touch” covering on the side rails enhances the patient’s grip and reduces the risk of slipping.
- The inner chair position also helps mobilise patients laterally by facilitating patient pivoting and side sitting.
- The inner chair position is particularly well suited to facilitate safe patient transfer to an armchair or wheelchair.
- Once patients are able to mobilise independently, the MMO6000 bed can be used like any standard medical bed. The appropriate height can be memorised for each patient, ensuring the optimal position for safe egress and to facilitate training for discharge. The low position of 31cm accommodates smaller patients and reduces the risk of injury should the patient fall.
Prevent shear, friction and compression when mobilising the patient
Unique to the MMO bed platform, the elliptical backrest movement accommodates the natural curvature of the spine when sitting the patient in bed and compensates for the upward movement of the backrest.
- Combined with autocontour, prevents patient migration towards the foot of the bed, heel travel and associated shear and friction.
- The backrest will rise no more than 45°, preventing abdominal compression.
The simple functionality of the MMO platform helps caregivers save time and effort.
The 8 casters distribute the weight of the bed, reducing effort needed to put the bed in motion for transport or housekeeping
One handed operation of end boards.
One handed operation of side rails.
The open side rail design reduces the surface area at risk of contamination and facilitates cleaning.
The MMO6000 bed can be equipped with a choice of wooden end boards for a more hotel design.