Reduce the risk of falls
Ultra-low beds can reduce the number of serious fall-related injuries.
A nine year study at the Northern Hospital in Victoria, Australia, showed that when the ratio of ultra-low beds was increased to 1 for every 3 standard hospital beds, the result was a significant reduction in serious fall-related injuries.
When patients remain in bed, the MMO5000 bed’s ultra low position helps protect from falls:
- The low height of 19cm reduces the risk of injury should the patient fall.
- When the bed is fully lowered, the brakes are set automatically to ensure that the bed is secure.
- The upper rails can remain raised at all times, offering a secure handhold for patient turning or repositioning in bed, or for mobilising independently at the bedside.
Safe patient mobilisation
It is well documented that early mobilisation and out-of-bed activity will improve patients’ outcomes. The MMO5000 bed assists caregivers to mobilise patients as safely as possible.
The appropriate height can be memorised for each patient, ensuring the optimal position for safe egress and to facilitate training for discharge.
Split side rails provide a secure mobilisation aide for patients to pivot to the side of the bed and egress and ingress. The unique “Soft Touch” covering on the side rails enhances the patient’s grip and reduces the risk of slipping.
To further ensure a safe patient environment, the MMO5000 bed:
- Alerts when the bed is reaching its lowest position to signal any risks of interference with adjacent objects
- Provides a night light to illuminate the bed’s immediate surroundings and help prevent the patient from tripping over potential hazards.
- Provides an electrical CPR position to quickly flatten the bed during emergencies
Position patients comfortably
The MMO5000 bed offers unique patient positioning capabilities at the touch of a button which provide superior comfort to the patient and greatly reduce shear, friction and compression forces on the patient’s ischium and heels.
Prevent shear, friction and compression when seating the patient
Unique to the MMO bed platform, the elliptical backrest movement accommodates the natural curvature of the spine when sitting the patient in bed and compensates for the upward movement of the backrest.
- Combined with autocontour, prevents patient migration towards the foot of the bed, heel travel and associated shear and friction.
- Prevents abdominal compression.
Facilitate the ideal seating position
When raised, the backrest will automatically pause at 30° and 45° elevation, two clinically beneficial positions:
- They enhance the respiratory function, help prevent HAIs and improve the well-being of the patient.
- Caregivers can achieve these positions easily
When using the automatic chair position, the backrest will rise no more than 45°, ensuring the most comfortable position for the patient to be sat upright for enhanced pulmonary and cardiovascular mechanics.
- This position is ideal for preventing Aspiration when feeding.
- A wide angle is preserved between the patient’s back and legs, preventing abdominal compression.
The simple functionality of the MMO platform helps caregivers save time and effort.
The 8 casters distribute the weight of the bed, reducing effort needed to put the bed in motion for transport or housekeeping
One handed operation of end boards.
One handed operation of side rails.
The open side rail design reduces the surface area at risk of contamination and facilitates cleaning.
The MMO5000 bed can be equipped with a choice of wooden end boards for a more hotel design. Also, with folding metal side rails:
3-bar for mattresses up to 15cm thick
4-bar for mattresses up to 25cm thick